A psychedelic journey can have profound effects on both your inner and outer worlds. Sometimes a psychedelic journey can be blissful and filled with peaceful revelations. Other journeys may elicit dark feelings and unexpected scary images that can be hard to process. The primary focus tends to be on the day of the psychedelic journey, but how do you integrate the messages you received during the journey? Integration is defined as the process by which the material accessed and insights gained in a psychedelic experience are incorporated over time into one’s life in a way that benefits the individual and their community. Important thoughts, feelings, insights, and recollections may come up days, weeks or months after a journey. Engaging in integration coaching after your psychedelic experience may help to minimize the possibility that the healing benefits of the medicine will be buried or forgotten as day-to-day happenings return to normal.
Benefits of integration coaching:
- An open invitation to talk about the psychedelic session itself.
- An opportunity to process any emotional distress or cognitive dilemmas, such as, regrets or self judgment.
- Explore how your body feels and any somatic sensations that arise.
- Increase your understanding of how the process keeps unfolding.
- Come up with self-care activities that work for you to support the integration period.
- Gain clarity and discernment about who to share the experience with.
- Become aware of insights from a mystical experience.
- Reflect on ways to manage, process, and regulate your emotions.
- Reconnect with your soul and the messages received during the journey.